I have closed my coaching practice.
I am no longer coaching, but leave this page as a reference in your search to find the perfect coach.
Some resources include:
- IPEC directory (where I received my coaching certification)
- Retirement Options (where I received my retirement coaching certification)
Chances are, if you've found this page you are a changemaker who is either thinking about retirement or who is wanting more from life as you age. If that's you then there's a good chance that we will be a very good fit!
I especially enjoy working with changemakers who are:
1) Feeling stuck before or after retirement. Have you ever wanted to just jump ahead and skip that icky stuck feeling? Feeling stuck is actually very useful. It tells you that something is off. It tells you that you want more, but you don’t know what it is, or you’re afraid to make a move. You can choose to stay where you're at - stuck - or you can choose to face your fears and get curious about the opportunities that change brings. It’s amazing how quickly coaching can help you get unstuck so you can start living life on your terms.
2) Feeling excited about your next chapter, but also a bit uncertain. You are eager to explore life on your terms, but you don't know where to start. You're seeking a map or plan for how to get from here to there, wherever there may be. Coaching can give you the clarity you seek and help you set new rules to live by as you venture into your new life.
3) Supporting leaders and their organizations during the transition to retirement. Do you ever wish that you had a guide by your side who was there only for you? Leaders have three all-consuming tasks during their run-up to retirement: to lead their team or organization, lead their organization through the transition, and to prepare for the next chapter of their lives. It can seem overwhelming, because it is. This is no journey to take alone. I love partnering with leaders to help them lead their team while envisioning their new lives.
How does coaching work?
- I take a design approach in my coaching practice. Coaching and design have in common a bias towards action. This means that as humans we don’t think our way into a major life change like life after retirement, we act our way in. We reflect, try stuff, change our point of view, and try stuff again. That’s the essence of life by design.
- I ask empowering questions designed to help you envision the life you want and question limiting beliefs that may be holding you back.
- I work as your partner, continuously helping to move your agenda forward. During each session we build on what works and overcome obstacles that might hold you back from living the life you really want. And we celebrate along the way!
- You bring your curiosity, courage, and commitment to act to each coaching session and equally importantly, to the work in between.
How will we work together?
- Bring your fears. That's called being human.
- Bring your dreams. Now dream bigger.
- Bring your courage. You are already brave.
- Bring your creativity. You are a creator.
- I will hold all these with you.
- I will ask you empowering questions that will reveal what you really, truly want.
- We will draft powerful goals that will get you there.
- We won't let fear, limiting beliefs, or doubt get in the way. They can come a long for the ride, but they won't stop us.